Initiation

This situation refers to a moment, usually psychological, in which an individual comes into maturity. He or she gains a new awareness into the nature of circumstances and problems and understands his or her responsibility for trying to resolve the dilemma. Typically, a hero receives a Calling, a message or signal that he or she must make sacrifices and become responsible for "getting involved" in the problem. Often a hero will deny and question the calling and ultimately, in The Initiation, will accept responsibility.



Being Knighted

Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Eleanor's Initiation

Even though I have only lived for thirteen years, I feel like I have been initiated a lot. One time I felt initiated was when I moved to the US at age eleven. I felt like that was a new chapter in my book of life, and after going to school there for a while, I feel like I have matured. By meeting new people and learning and being with different types of characters. Another time I was initiated was at the time of the assessment project. After helping out with the little kids every week, writing a ten-paragraph essay in two days as well as making a thought-out presentation I felt like I had realized that there is a lot out there in the world. That it’s not just about me. This leads me to the third initiation. However this is not of me but of the people I helped in assessment. While working as a teacher surrounded by kindergarteners, I felt that every time I went to seem them, at the end they had grown and matured because of the help and effort I put in. This makes me feel good about myself. If after only thirteen years this much has happened I can’t wait for the rest of my life.

No comments: