Initiation

This situation refers to a moment, usually psychological, in which an individual comes into maturity. He or she gains a new awareness into the nature of circumstances and problems and understands his or her responsibility for trying to resolve the dilemma. Typically, a hero receives a Calling, a message or signal that he or she must make sacrifices and become responsible for "getting involved" in the problem. Often a hero will deny and question the calling and ultimately, in The Initiation, will accept responsibility.



Being Knighted

Thursday, November 6, 2008

Initiation in My Life- Hannah

There haven't been too many examples of initiation in my life, but one thing I did come up with was my transition from lower school to middle school. In lower school I was really comfortable because we were the rulers of lower school, but when I came into middle school I was honestly terrified. But once I got into the groove of things it really wasn't that bad and I actually started becoming friends with last year's class and doing well in my academics. I think they opened their arms to us because they were in the same position as us and I think I was succeeding in my academics because I was determined. Even though initiation hasn't impacted my life significantly , there have been some times where I realized that people really care and that I am special.

No comments: